- This event has passed.
Peer Recovery Coach 46-hr Certification Training – July 20
July 20 @ 8:30 am - July 28 @ 6:00 pm$425
Peer Recovery Coach
This class meets the training requirement for Texas Certification as a Peer Recovery Support Specialist (PRS) through the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals (TCBAP). Total time is 40 hours of class instruction and 6 hours of self-study. All participants will receive a certificate of completion. A complete explanation of PRS requirements can be found at the TCBAP website: www.tcbap.org
Mary Gehrke, PRS, ICPR, RSPS-S
Brian Lane, PRS ICPR
July 20-21 & July 26-28, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Mental Health America of Greater Dallas
624 N. Good Latimer Expy #200
Dallas, TX 75204
$425 per participant (meals not included)
What You Get
This training will offer a comprehensive overview of the purpose and roles of Recovery Coaching while giving participants the tools and resources necessary to provide recovery support services to others.
This event is open to anyone who wants to gain an understanding of:
- Substance use and mental health disorders
- Skills and Tools on effective communication
- Motivational Enhancement strategies
- Recovery Action Planning
- Cultural Humility
- Recovery Coaching Ethics
- Recovery Messaging and Advocacy
- Smoking Cessation
This training uses approved curriculum from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
Click the button below to open the application for this course.
PRS Training Application
- Complete the form online.
- Print the completed form.
- SIGN & DATE the completed form.
- Scan the signed form (or take a pic).
- Submit the SIGNED form clicking the button below and uploading the image/PDF.
If there are questions, please call:
Brian Lane at 214-930-7003
Mary Gehrke at 469-324-6039