- This event has passed.
Peer Recovery Coach 46-hr Certification Training
September 10, 2018 @ 8:30 am - September 14, 2018 @ 6:00 pm$295
Peer Recovery Coach
Help Others Navigate Their Lives in RECOVERY
This class meets the training requirement for Texas Certification as a Peer Recovery Support Specialist (PRS) through the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals (TCBAP). Total time is 40 hours of class instruction and 6 hours of self-study. All participants will receive a certificate of completion. A complete explanation of PRS requirements can be found at the TCBAP website: www.tcbap.org
September 10-14, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
12700 Preston Road, Suite 130
Dallas, Texas 75230
$295 per participant
(meals not included)
What You Get
This training will offer a comprehensive overview of the purpose and roles of Recovery Coaching while giving participants the tools and resources necessary to provide recovery support services to others.
This event is open to anyone who wants to gain an understanding of:
- Substance use and mental health disorders
- Skills and Tools on effective communication
- Motivational Enhancement strategies
- Recovery Action Planning
- Cultural Humility
- Recovery Coaching Ethics
- Recovery Messaging and Advocacy
- Smoking Cessation
This training uses approved curriculum from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
Click the button below to open the application for this course.
PRS Training Application
- Complete the form online.
- Print the completed form.
- SIGN & DATE the completed form.
- Scan the signed form (or take a pic).
- Submit the SIGNED form clicking the button below and uploading the image/PDF.
If there are questions, please call Brian Lane at 214-930-7003