- This event has passed.
Recovery Coach Training – Jan 2020
January 30 @ 8:30 am - February 3 @ 6:00 pm$425
Peer Recovery Coach Training
This class meets the training requirement for certiﬁcation as a Peer Recovery Support Specialist (PRSS) or Medicaid-billable Recovery Support Peer Specialist (RSPS) through the Texas Certiﬁcation Board (TCB.) For PRSS, this course satisfies 46 education hours, and for RSPS, it satisfies the 40-hour “Supplemental Training.” A complete explanation of requirements can be found at the TCB website: www.tcbap.org
Mary Gehrke, PRS, ICPR, RSPS-S
Brian Lane, PRS ICPR
January 30-31 & February 1-3, 2020
8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Homeward Bound Outpatient Services
315 Sunset Avenue
Dallas, TX 75208
$425 per participant (meals not included)
What You Get
This training will offer a comprehensive overview of the purpose and roles of Recovery Coaching while giving participants the tools and resources necessary to provide recovery support services to others.
This event is open to anyone who wants to gain an understanding of:
- Substance use and mental health disorders
- Skills and Tools on effective communication
- Motivational Enhancement strategies
- Recovery Action Planning
- Cultural Humility
- Recovery Coaching Ethics
- Recovery Messaging and Advocacy
- Smoking Cessation
This training uses approved curriculum from the Texas Health & Human Services Commission (HHSC)
Click the button below to open the application for this course.
PRS Training Application
- Complete the form online.
- Print the completed form.
- SIGN & DATE the completed form.
- Scan the signed form (or take a pic).
- Submit the SIGNED form clicking the button below and uploading the image/PDF.
- Complete registration and pay fee on Eventbrite by clicking on the button below.
If there are questions, please call:
Brian Lane at 214-930-7003
Mary Gehrke at 469-324-6039